Tuesday, April 9, 2019

27A- Reading Reflection No.3


  1. What was the general theme or argument of the book?
    • The general theme of Inbound Marketing: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online by Brian Halligan, is with the way of shopping changing nowadays, you as the entrepreneur have to adapt to the changes and find new ways to sell your product to customers in new ways such as the internet, social media, or visual content. Also in this book it mentioned that visitors to your content are slowly pulled into your business by starting out as visitors, then leads, and finally paying customers by getting them to return often to your website, blog, or social media.
  2. How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
    • In my opinion this book connects to what I have been learning in ENT 3003 in the sense of creating ways to get our customer to go from just a person visiting to a full fledged customer who is willing to pay money for our product and/or service. Also this book mentions the use of blogs, which its says can "help establish your company as a thought leader in your market". An since for practically all of the homework assignments (not counting the Cupcakes) have all been done using the blogs we created, so having this experience on using blogs could be beneficial for creating a blog regarding our company that shows great content for it.
  3. If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
    • If I had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book I read, I would have to make an assignment where a student creates either a second blog or a website that is filled with content on their business. By content I mean things like who is the target market, what is your business and its name, how will you create income, feedback from interviewed people, and opinions on their business from other people. Since students have experience with creating a blog, this could be simple enough to do and I would consider making it a final assignment since everyone would already have all the information gathered at this point.
  4. What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
    • My biggest surprise or 'aha' moment in the book would have to be when nearing the end of the book that head of businesses were keeping tabs on the competitors. Now for me when it comes to learning what your competitors does or one ups your business you usually hear it from the news in some form or another like television, the internet, or newspapers. But the way they mention it sounds a bit stalker like with some added paranoia on your part. So basically, I now know that if I ever start a business with the potential of having competitors that I will need to be weary that they won't cause upstarts that could prove to be a problem for my business.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's important to check out your competition, even if it seems a little stalkerish. Yes you can just wait for the news or something like that but usually thats when your competition comes out with something new and you will have to catch up to them. Its better to be a few steps ahead, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, it is crucial to look at competitors to ensure success, especially in oversaturated markets. If you are looking to understand this more, I would highly recommend looking into microeconomics. It certainly can bring to light the way prices are effected by the number of producers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't finish there! I also wanted to mention that you can learn about a lot of the effects and reasoning of this in microeconomics. It can be a bit confusing at first, but it makes more sense now to me.

      Delete
  3. I think the book that you describe in this book is really interesting and true in our modern business environment. Most if not all businesses have to adapt to changing times in order to stay afloat, which means turning to digital means in a lot of cases. While digital marketing seems really popular now, I am still left wondering if this will prove to be the trend in the future.

    ReplyDelete