Thursday, April 18, 2019

30A- Final Reflection


  • For me what sticks out as the most formative experience would have to be all the interviews that were taken through the course of this semester. This kind of assignment was done multiple times for different assignments posted on the blogs and it was one of the first assignments as well. It gave us real insight and feedback regarding the businesses we each started up.
  • My most joyous experience would have to be the good comments of each of my blog posts that not only provide feedback but also positive commentary that tells me that my venture idea was a good one. This gave me the drive to continue working and thinking on what my business idea is today and how it has evolved from just an opportunity I saw in the world.
  • The experience I am most proud of myself for accomplishing I guess would have to be this whole class in general because while the assignments weren't hard in general there was so many assignments and sometimes they conflicted with my other class work that I had for other classes. Not to mention that most of these assignments were long and many assignments also required interviews or in general finding someone to speak with. So after all that with this being the final reflection I can safely say I am proud of this accomplishment.
  • Even after everything that I did this semester I don't feel as if I am an entrepreneur mainly because I feel that I need to have a couple more years of experience since this was only a semester long class I feel that no one can can really call themselves an entrepreneur since it was only a semester long. Even though I don't consider myself an entrepreneur I do feel as if I moved closer to developing an entrepreneur mindset because of the experiences I had this semester and with creating a business from an opportunity available. I also think that I am moving closer to the entrepreneur mindset because I feel I can spot an opportunity more easily than I could before.
  • A recommendation I would give to future students going down the path of entrepreneurship is that when first beginning a business or creating a product, make sure that the opportunity that revolves around it is something you can really get excited for or at the very least tolerate other wise you'll be stuck with something you'll be bored with and not enjoy doing. To do well in this course I recommend that you get head starts on the homework so that you'll have less due the following week and to take notes on the video course to help with the quizzes (cupcakes as they're called in this class). And lastly, to foster your mindset I recommend that you look into the world and you find something you are interested in and see if there is an opportunity that can be taken from it. I wish you good luck on this course (you're going to need it).

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you felt motivated by the positive comments you received throughout the semester and I hope they encouraged you to be your own self-starter and motivator in the future :) It has been wonderful to see you flesh out your business throughout the year and I'm sure that so long as you don't blur your focus and keep your eyes on your goal, you will help hundreds of homeless people in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you saying that the interviews were an enthralling experience. I love how this class required use to actually go out into to field as opposed to just sitting behind our desk and writing up answers to questions. Talking to other people who have the same problem as you is quite exciting, and it really brings you out of your shell, requiring you to do something that you are not used to!

    ReplyDelete