- Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
- What I plan to do for my exit strategy is that if my business helping homeless people does well enough I probably stick around long enough that I have enough money set aside for myself and that is enough to support me as well. I also planned to make my business well known in the world for the work that is done and after all that is done I will probably pass the ownership of my business to one of my longest standing employees that have the skills to keep these services running.
- Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
- I chose this strategy because after years of working on something and making it known across the world there just comes a time where you need to let go and pass it on to someone else. And its only natural that when you finish something you've been doing for a while that you start something new until the day comes that you finish that as well. Depending on how long I take to work on business and then exit it I would like to also work on opportunities that are out there in the world waiting to be solved.
- How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
- I think my exit strategy has influenced how I will identify an opportunity because knowing that one day I will leave my business to pursue another makes me more observant of the world around me and finding an opportunity will be much more easier compared to the first time. It also makes me look towards the future more often and makes me wonder the next move I will take and how I will do things for my next venture such as getting resources I will need to start my new venture, but I think that for this concern, one of my connections that I will obtain in the future or ones that I might have could recommend someone to help out with getting resources. So to conclude I think that my exit strategy will help me get more observant in finding the next opportunity to pursue.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
28A- Your Exit Strategy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your exit strategy seems very realist and makes sense. For the service you are offering, I think it makes sense to pass your company down to the the employee thats been there the longest. You could potentially pass it down to one of your children though.
ReplyDeleteWow! It seems like you are looking to stick with this for a long time. I'm glad you feel passionate about it. Passing your business down to a longtime employee seems reasonable, but it should be noted that both their skill and passion has to be there, or else an outside hire should be best. Good idea, though!!
ReplyDeleteI think your strategy is reasonable and make sense when considering your type of business. Since yours is more based on helping the homeless there is a high chance of lasting and expansion due to homeless populations over the US. Instead of selling which wouldn’t make sense your exit strategy is smart as you could pass it onto experienced workers or even down to family and make it a family business.
ReplyDelete