- Tell us about a time this past semester that you failed -- whether in this class, or outside of this class. Don't spare any details! It'd be even better if there was something you tried several times this semester, and failed each time.
- It was during a time quite recent actually, where I had three exams that were so close to each other that it made studying for them like torture. One exam was on Wednesday, the second on Friday, and a third exam on the following Monday. So at the most I had two days to study for each exam and put that together with the homework for this class and my other classes it was not a good time. So I tried different ways to study and the ways were from the different ways I used for the past exams but none of them really helped me with studying. So in the end I didn't do so well on none of the exams because of the limited amount of time I had to study at the same time as doing the homework I had for my other classes.
- Tells us what you learned from it.
- What I leaned from this failure is go to the syllabus of your classes and know what days you will have exam and study in advance. I also learned that if I am low on time and I know in the back of my mind that there is a high probability that I won't pass that exam just drop all the studying for that class and get to studying for the exam that is at a later yet close date, because one day of studying can make all the more difference. Also studying ahead of time can prevent frustration and an overload of information that you can't handle in such a short amount of time.
- Reflect, in general, on what you think about failure. Failure is hard, isn't it? It's embarrassing, sure, but it also means that we have to change something about ourselves. Talk about how you handle failure (emotionally, behaviorally). Finally, talk about how this class has changed your perspective on failure -- are you more likely to take a risk now than you were just a few months ago?
- My thoughts on failure is that its annoying and frustrating and there might be times where you want to punch something or in this case the very thing you failed at which isn't exactly something easy to do since most failure are inanimate objects or something you can't feel such as grades or exams scores. For me I handle failure by first being annoyed and angry, then a couple minutes have passed and I realize there isn't much I can do its all in the past so the only thing I can do is look towards the future and just go through my day as usual. in regards on how this class has changed my perspective on failure by making me feel more at ease since failure is something that happens a lot more often in starting up a business or creating a new product. It's probably thanks to this class that I am willing to take risk now compared to months ago because failure doesn't bother me as me much.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
26A- Celebrating Failure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I actually wrote a similar post for this assignment about exams that were piling up. I love your reaction to this mistake because yes it is frustrating that you didn't get certain outcomes that you wanted but its in the past. You can't do anything about it now and all you can do is realize what you did wrong, learn from it and look towards the future. So good for you for realizing!
ReplyDeleteExams don't always go as hoped, so don't beat yourself up! Make sure to use this as a learning experience. Reading the syllabus is a great start, but I would also suggest using an agenda with all the dates for exams. Then you can set up study plans for a week before it.
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate with your experience. Last semester, I struggled a lot with time management, especially when it came to finding time to dedicate to studying for exams. Because of this, I never did well on any of my exams. This year, I took a different approach, and I plan out study times, follow through, at least a week in advance before the exam. Because of this, I am seeing my GPA skyrocket. Keep studying and hang in there. We are almost at the end!
ReplyDeleteI relate with the struggle you've had with exams. It's sometimes hard to figure out the right way to study for certain classes. The best thing you can do is learn from the mistakes you've already made and try to prevent the same mistakes in the future. Another good thing you mentioned is reading the syllabus fully so you can get a better understanding of how the grading scale works. There are usually easy ways to get points other than exams that can help boost your final grade.
ReplyDelete