- You. Who are you.What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
- My name is Christopher Denegri as previously mentioned I am a UF student currently in my second year here. My talents include multitasking, organization, and having the ability to not be distracted by the things around me when I have something that needs to be done. My skills includes decision making and time management, as for my experiences I a small bit of experience of entrepreneurship. My aspirations are that I would like to improve upon on the world in any way I would be fine with that. If I were to start this business the role it would play in my life is that I will leave my mark on the world and might be there even in the future.
- What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
- What I am offering to customers is a service in the forms of two programs, one that gives temporary living space and the other gives assistance in finding a job for a homeless person that fits their skill set. These services will solve the unmet need of homelessness because it seems as if the amount of homeless people have been growing. These programs haven't changed much since I came up with this idea but there have been some improvements due to feedback I received from the interviews that I have taken such as choosing workers who won't treat the customers rudely and if it works get those same helped people to help out others homeless people who might be too proud to accept help.
- From the feedback I received from my last idea napkin I need to make sure that my services are suited to work for a large market such as this. Because there are many ways on how a person could end up homeless so my service should be able to support this amount of people in a stable way.
- Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
- I am mainly offering this service to homeless people but to be more specific this includes people who have been laid off from work, people who have never found a job when first starting to live on their own, and people who become unable to pay the bills they need to pay due to low income of their current job and with possible loans or debts that need to be paid. What the customers all have in common is that they all end up homeless due to a certain factors in their lives. Not everyone experiences the same thing but there are some people in the world who are unlucky enough to have something that is mentioned earlier in this paragraph happen to them then they could end up on pathway to homelessness. The targeted customer also has to fall in the line of homelessness and not just very poor that you barely scrape in their everyday lives.
- Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
- If some or a business were to get involved by funding this service they would care because if word gets around that this company is help fund this cause to help homeless people then they will receive good publicity and depending on what they do, might see better results in their income.
- I believe that my customers would use my service because seeing as they are in difficult situation I don't think they will have much options seeing as its either stay homeless or accept the help that is given to them and hopefully help them get back to a normal working life.
- What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
- For my core competencies I would have to say my need to actually want to help these people would have to one of them. I think this sets me apart from others because these are people who I have no relation to whatsoever yet I still wish to do something about their predicament. I think what I have that others don't have is being passionate about this issue because I feel like this isn't a very thought of issue.
- In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
- In regards to these five elements I think they work rather well together, I've improved upon many times in these passing months. The only thing I still think that might be weaker than the other elements would have to be the one on "why do they care". I think this because in my opinion I feel that humanity is by default selfish and only cares about themselves, so it might be difficult to find a business willing to fund this service to homeless people that to some people consider invisible. I am not saying that it is impossible just that it will be difficult because those could be the challenges I could be facing.
- Feedback Memo:
- I included the fact that the issue I am working on does revolve around a large market and that it won't be very simple to do. The reason being is that there several factors on why a person would end up homeless. In my last idea napkin post I got this point from the comment that was left.
- This time I included the core competencies that was in the feedback I received on my last idea napkin because last time I wasn't too sure what made me unique compared to everyone else in the world but with some guidance from the feedback I was able to be completely sure of myself.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
19A -Idea Napkin No.2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you included your core competencies in this idea napkin, as it can really help you feel confident while creating your business. I hope the assignment where family/friends were interviewed about our attributes helped you. Also, it is very true that you are hitting a large market, which, while great, can lead to research needs for different tier development to meet different needs.
ReplyDeleteI liked your idea napkin and thought it was really insightful to who you are and how you're trying to sell your product. I'm also glad that you are reflecting on the feedback you have gotten to further flesh out your idea and product. The more constructive criticism you get, the easier it is to find things to improve on. I'm glad you also put in more of your core competencies that make you stand out because you obviously have some like everyone else, we all stand out in some way or another, and also because it helps you know yourself and how to put that into selling your product.
ReplyDeleteI love how socially minded your business idea is, and how it really aims to address an issue that you care about and effects so many people on such a base level. It has a lot of altruism behind it, and I believe that because of that, another source of income for it could be donations from people who want to give you money to fund your capital. I really do like the idea of it - and though its definitely harder to pull of given the multiple layers of it, its a great effort nonetheless. This is a breath of fresh air - rather than just making money for money's sake, you're trying to make an active difference. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete