Sunday, March 24, 2019

21A- Reading Reflection No.2


  1. What was the general theme or argument of the book?
    • The general theme of the Mindset The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck was depending on the mindset you have it could prevent you from succeeding (fixed mind sets) or help you come back from your failures (growth mind set) and these two mindsets aren't just for business as well they can affect your personal life as well.
  2. How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
    • In my opinion connects with what I have been learning in ENT 3003 because in this book it talks about our mindsets and how it makes us who we are and dealing with things such as failure and success. Being an entrepreneur class we learn about how to start a business and the challenges we will face in the process. And since there are many ideas a future entrepreneur might have its good to know what kind of mindset will be best suited for that idea of theirs.
  3. If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
    • If I had to design an exercise for this class I would do something based on earlier in the reading of this book. What the exercise involve is thinking about a time you had a really bad day and after that was all written out, next write how you would cope directly with this kind of day if you were to experience something like this day again in the future.
  4. What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
    • The biggest surprise for me was in an earlier chapter it talks about how many famous people well known in their line of work like in the book it lists Ben Hogan a golfer and Geraldine Page an actress failed in some sort of way before becoming who they are in the future. This surprised me because even though I have some knowledge to this happening to people like Michael Jordan and Albert Einstein but to it being more common than I realize was rather surprising. I know when becoming famous or successful in some sort of way you will encounter some failure but I wasn't expecting failures where its more important in ones career than others. 

2 comments:

  1. I think having the right mindset is also a valuable thing an entrepreneur can have as it can make or break it for business ventures. I also like the exercise you came up with as it’s more physiological and it teaches you how to deal with bad events better. It’s always surprising to see that a lot of famous people failed before making it big especially when it’s not known to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hearing about the failures of successful people can serve as motivation. It seems that this book shed light on the way that lessons from failure can be used to motivate and improve. It is unlikely to go through life without any failure at all. What separates successful entrepreneurs from less successful entrepreneurs is tenacity and ability to take criticism and learn.

    ReplyDelete