Thursday, March 7, 2019

17A- Elevator Pitch No.2

Link to my pitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsTT46gC1w&feature=youtu.be

Reflection on Feedback from last pitch:
Based on the feedback I received about my last pitch, I received some minor details on what I could do to improve my pitch was to have some more confidence in my self which I did find important. The feedback that surprised me about my last pitch was that some people seemed to think I was reading my written pitch that wasn't shown on camera, however I more or less had it memorized so there was no need for me to read it, so I tried to look more at the camera for my next pitch. The feedback I felt was silly was the quality of camera I use should be using for my pitches, I found this silly because I am someone who doesn't use a camera frequently so even if did get a new camera I would rarely use it and it would just end up collecting dust. The most useful feedback I received was again on how having more confidence will improve the quality of my pitches.

What Changed:
I tried to add more enthusiasm and energy to my pitch to make it sound more engaging toward the audience and I tried to sound more confident on what it is I am trying to pitch. Also I felt that I spoke a bit longer than last time and lastly I tried to explain how the targeted customer will be convinced to use this service. So to conclude the main changes I did were giving my pitch more energy and to explain my service with more detail.

3 comments:

  1. I found that the pitch was too wordy. I believe your heart is in the right place and you did take the feedback into consideration regarding your confidence. I felt that you had a message to share but struggled to present it. This is a opportunity that most people can relate to and I believe you will have support in this area, but I would suggest getting to the product or service quicker. I spent a minute just wondering what you were trying to sell. Dress attire was very nice and the energy of the presentation was also good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress attire was very good and helped make your pitch seem more professional. I would suggest shortening the story in the beginning and introducing your service earlier. As a listener, I felt like the beginning was something I could relate to, but my attention was lost because it was taking a bit until you explained why you were telling me this story. I would introduce the product near the end of the beginning part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your pitch definitely has some good value. A couple things I would recommend however. When you are doing your pitch, make sure to keep your hands out of your pockets, and work on pacing back and forth. These two things display your nerves. Also, I noticed for at least half of your pitch, you were telling a story. If you do this, although engaging and thought provoking, you will not have enough time to actually describe what you are selling. Overall, I thought the pitch was very well done, and a few minor changes could bring it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete