Report Findings
For the interviews I conducted, I found some insights from the interviewees on how to make the service I am providing more appeasing towards those people who need it. One of the interviews (I believe it was the second one) gave me some good advice I should make a note of is that for the people who are too proud to take the help could be convinced by someone who already went through the works of both programs and have a better understanding on what the stubborn homeless person is going through. If they succeed then perhaps in the future those very same stubborn people could end up helping people who are too proud in the future as well.
But going back a bit my first interview was not as informative as the other two but I was still able to get some insight on the matter of homelessness at the very least. They suggested when first starting up the business in order to get people to acknowledge that this is problem perhaps something could be done to spread the word. Up until now I didn't think that much on how the service would start except that it would require a lot of money, so creating a way that gets people to know about this problem which at the same time not so much that it would make the target audience (homeless people) uncomfortable. Ways I thought of to spread the word include flyers, social media, creating a website, or writing a blog (like this one but more professional).
Lastly the third interview I was able to obtain much insight because there were things I still didn't think about yet. Some suggestions they gave during the interview on how I could make this service more friendly towards customers would be that even after all the support they could obtain from it if they are still hesitant could there be any alternatives like for instance if there are people who prefer to stay at the home of a friend or family member would there be a way for them to participate in the job finding program or vice versa with wanting find jobs themselves and only wish to use the temporary living program. I also asked them where or how they would to use this service if they were homeless and they said perhaps someplace locally so that person won't have to go very far, this area will require more information gathering in order to find out the best possible place. They also added as a side note to not hire just anybody for the job of helping people out and that homeless people will be in a dark place so not just anybody can be certified to help them.
Conclusion
To conclude through these interviews I was able to get a better idea on how to improve my service. I need to make both programs helpful to people that they be willing accept the help. I should also research where most homeless people are located so to have an area they could go to participate in the programs. I should also find an efficient way to spread the word on this matter to get people's attention.
I'm glad that you got important insight with 3 additional interviews on how to make your service more effective. I can see how it's definitely a issue if you're trying to provide your service who doesn't want the help. I also see how it can be very helpful to find out where most homeless people live so you can focus your efforts in those areas, as well as effectively spreading your service to the target audience.
ReplyDeleteAs we go through the interviews, it seems that the general consensus is that we are gaining more insight about how to provide the best quality product/service. I definitely agree that looking into highly populated homeless cities would be a great place to start. This could also be useful informations for if you decide to continue interviewing and getting opinions of potential customers about what they would be hoping your service would provide.
ReplyDeleteYour interviews seem to point to the fact that service is applicable but maybe not quite as approachable as previously anticipated. Approachable in two ways, the first being that as the create of the service, you'll need away to approach the marketing for the service no matter how great it might be. And the other way would be to ensure that the program can be done at a leisurely pace that appeals to anybody in the demographic.
ReplyDelete