Friday, February 15, 2019

12A- Figuring out Buyer Behavior No.1


  • Choosing a segment:
    • The segment I chose was "poor", now finding out if these people are in this segment will be tough to find and is a personal issue for the interviewee so I will have to be discrete about it when finding people to interview. One person I found to interview was a man that was playing his guitar for spare change with a hat next to him to collect that change. The second interviewee I found was a woman holding a sign on the sidewalk asking for financial support. And lastly the final person I interviewed was a part time worker at a convenience store.
  • Interviews:
    • For the most part of the interviews I found out these people did end up homeless. For the first interview the man who played the guitar for change (lets refer to him as interviewee #1) was laid off from work due to budget cuts and without a job he was unable to pay bills and lost their house. A solution he came up with was living with his parents at their house and to help pay for his stay he plays music for change at the time looking for a job. Interviewee #2 the woman with the sign had a similar situation of losing their job and are currently homeless are trying to get in contact with some friends and family to see if she could do something about her situation. Finally interviewee #3 was evicted from his apartment due to late rent payments and became homeless as well and had to crash at his friends house and earn minimum wage at a store to pay for his stay. What they all agreed on was having someone to help in times a need is great and all but they still would prefer to live their lives how they see fit so they felt the services idea I have was something that many people in similar situations can benefit from.
  • What I learned:
    • What I learned from the interviews I conducted was that when a person becomes homeless they usually refer to people who they are close with for support, such as friends or family. I learned that perhaps the main reason why there people become homeless is from losing their jobs and unable to find a new one. One of the programs of the service I thought is designed to help people find jobs that fits their capabilities and the the program gives them temporary housing until they are able to afford their own so these programs could fix the job finding situation and the housing to live in and not rely on friends and family.
  • Conclusion:
    • Describing the segment "poor" can vary because there are different levels of being poor such as the one where a person barely makes enough to live off of, the kind that can't things that range from expensive to regular priced, or not have enough money for food or shelter. So this segment only involves the people who fall under the homeless level of poor. Although I believe that any poor person would support this service because they might feel that they could end up in this situation as well.

1 comment:

  1. It is really important to get the opinions of homeless people for you to get a good understanding of what their needs really are. Anyone can look from an outside perspective and claim they know exactly what these people need; however, only the customers know what they want. The opinions of outsiders are simply speculation. I encourage you to continue asking homeless people what they would look for in these programs.

    ReplyDelete