- Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
- To keep up with the requirements of this class I mainly used my time management skills to be able to post the assignments needed to be posted before the due date and to not be rushed at the last minute. I also prioritize the importance of each part of the assignment if it comes in multiple parts like interviewing, looking up information, or reading a book which are more important than typing up the post itself or can't be done without that information.
- Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
- On the assignments that require me to interview people were times that I felt like giving up, for one thing it was difficult enough the first time and it seems like almost every week I had to go talk to some random person to interview and I am not much of a talker. What pulled me through was the thought of failing a supposedly easy class and so I got the work done. I do feel like in these past two months I've obtained a rather tenacious attitude because I haven't been having any issues with my work lately so that's a good sign. The experiences that contributed to this would have to be all the interviews done on different people because it really got me out of my comfort zone.
- Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
- Fostering the skills that support tenacity. There will always be something that you'll be doing something at the same time as your assignments for this class, heck you'll even be studying for an exam at the same time as doing your assignments for this class. But my tip for you is to continue to improve on your time management, any time yous could have done something better with your time remember it.
- Developing the 'tenacious mindset'. If you manage to get this far without having any problems with this class the it shows that you have a tenacious mindset. You manage to put off stuff you would rather be doing and manage to pull through with the class and all the work that comes with it alongside your other classes. My tip for you for this would be to not stay at this level of tenacity but to rise up as the assignments for the class go by.
- My last tip for you is to not stress the small things in this class and to just keep up with the work and you'll be fine. Good luck.
Thursday, February 21, 2019
14A- Halfway Reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree that time management is very important for this class. You can leave everything to the last minute and think it will be a quick assignment and it will end up taking more time than you expect. Planning your week, not just with class but with all of your other classes, including extracurriculars and a job, if you have one, goes a long way.
ReplyDeleteTime management in certainly very important for success in this class. Especially when it came to assignments in the past like the Elevator Pitch, organizing and working ahead is the best way to ensure doing a good job. I always write down my assignments for the week in my agenda and aim to finish this class's work two to three days before it is due.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great post and the tips were extremely helpful. Time management is vital in this course. Printing off the syllabus in the beginning and getting a solid understanding on what is expected each week and what lies ahead, are crucial to staying on top of things. The interviews are a bit weird at the beginning, especially if you are not an extrovert or just comfortable with meeting new people. Eventually I believe you get to a point where you find a groove and focus on passing the assignment or class as oppose to actually conducting the interview. The positive words at the end are a good way to keep yourself going and as stated "Not sweat the small stuff."
ReplyDelete