Thursday, February 14, 2019

11A- Idea Napkin No.1


  • Who you are:
    • My name is Christopher Denegri, I am a second year UF undergraduate student and I am a political science major. Some of my talents include multitasking and the ability to be organized and punctual. I don't have much experience on the entrepreneur field but I got to start somewhere. My aspirations are that I would like to somehow leave my mark on the world before time comes and to just somehow be remembered in a good way. Which is why that if I were to start my business I would be helping a lot of people and could be on the road to that aspiration. A world where the term homeless is only seen in pictures and not in real life is something I am striding for.
  •  What are you offering to costumers:
    • What I am offering is a service to help homeless people fix the situation that they are in. What the service I am providing is two programs that are specifically designed to help homeless people get back to living normal everyday lives. One program is for helping people who have become homeless find jobs to help them make a living doing something within their skill set. The second program gives them temporary housing until those people are able to afford their own. With these two programs I hopefully can try to end the homeless situation.
  • Who are you offering it to:
    • This service is something I am offering to people who lost their jobs and can no longer continue to pay their bills to continue living in their home. It could also be targeted towards people who had trouble getting a job to begin with and have no place to go when they have no money. What each customer has in common is that they have to be homeless and without a job.
  • Why do they care:
    • I think a business will help by paying me money to start up these programs because there might be some officials who would want the good publicity that doing these services will stir up. It could also help the public become more aware of the situation and could get them to pitch in as well. And if the public is involved then the business could end up saving money on the service as well.
  • What are your core competencies: 
    • I am not sure what exactly sets me apart from everyone else, it could be that I actually want to do something about this issue or it could be that I might be one of the few people in this world that observes the world around me. Either way I am not sure how I compare to people who make homeless shelters for these people, but I still want to give it a shot. What I have that no one else has is my own ideas on how this service could be like and I can change them any way I see fit.
  • I think that all the elements I typed up seem to fit together just fine, although there are some in my opinion that seem to be weaker than others. For instance the element of "Why do they care" I do not have any knowledge of a business that could be willing to help start up this service nor do I know if the public will become aware to this topic because lets face the ugly truth that humanity is selfish. I could be wrong and who knows I could end up finding a business with enough research. As for everything else I think that it fits well together for my business concept and I truly believe that I could make a difference even if its a small one.

1 comment:

  1. Your market is very large, as many people need help due to life tragedies leading them to lose their homes. The desire to help these people is certainly something that helps set you apart. Being passionate about an issue and wanting to change the way things are currently done or people’s situations are two things that make an entrepreneur stay resilient.

    ReplyDelete