Thursday, January 24, 2019

5A- Identifying Local Opportunities


4 comments:

  1. As someone who is not necessarily the biggest fan of the traditional UberEats nor Postmates, a new delivery service option is a great opportunity. For people like me, who are willing to pay a little extra for better service, this delivery service expansion may have the chance of succeeding over the other services, especially as word of mouth advertisement is valuable for this sort of business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 4th story / opportunity is unbelievable. The manufacturer of the medicine obviously recognized the opportunity to make a profit off of cancer medication, but their leap for wealth blinded to the safety of the medication in the first place, and is a perfect example of when ambitions of an opportunity can have an adverse affect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stories you selected to write about. I think they give an unfortunate but realistic reflection on the times we are living in.
    When reflecting on the hate mail being spread across the city, I think this is a misuse of the freedom of speech. We should not try to hurt anyone or bring someone down. There is a difference with disagreeing with a view and purposely speaking down on people to illustrate a form of supremacy. There needs to be a greater presence of love and unity in our communities and less of this separation.
    When looking at the article about the delivery system, I truly believe this is our future. Amazon has incorporated drones and robots to deliver packages now. UberEats and GrubHub are means of food delivery and I believe the delivery service market is only going to grow larger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last opportunity about the high blood pressure pills being recalled was a great example. It is a sad fact that businesses today are willing to put the lives of people in danger as long as they are able to make a little bit of money off of it. I also find it quite shocking how the man used social media to harass and threaten families of victims to the shooting. This just goes to show the times we are living in. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete