Wednesday, January 16, 2019

3A- My Entrepreneurship Story

My story begins with a class that I took last year known as IDS 1359 or Creativity into Action as the class was called. It was in this class that I was put into groups and the instructor told us that each group in class would have to come up with a product or service that will be presented into something called "Catalyst". During the weeks that would lead up to Catalyst my group and I decided to come up with a service that supposedly would replace or add to the University of Florida's reusable bottle program only this one would be a reusable silicon portable cup. We named it the CHOMP cup seeing as it would only be used at UF and what it would do is reduce waste caused by plastic cups and straws used at the restaurants here at UF, instead students have the option to purchase this cup which is a small collapsible cup that can be used instead of the standard or larger cup that is used for a fountain drink. Seeing how a collapsible cup already exists my group decided to make a service out of it, each of also sketched what the cup would look like and it sizes as well. Weeks went by, one of the group members brought a "prototype" cup of sorts to Catalyst along with our presentation board. And throughout the entire event my group and I talked to different people about the benefits of our service and how it could benefit the environment. Although our group didn't win anything when Catalyst ended, this was a good learning experience for us in case in the future any of us wanted to start our own business in the future.

Now on the topic on why I enrolled into ENT3003 that reason being that I am an Innovation Academy student and this was a class needed for my innovation minor. What I hope to get out of this class is the knowledge on what it means to be an entrepreneur and how that can help me in the future. Even though I don't know much about this class I will just have to see how goes this semester.


1 comment:

  1. That class sounds super interesting! It seems as though it gave you a great foundation for learning the right way to understand an opportunity for a business. The environmental benefits of your product seem really great. I’m sure there is space for social entrepreneurship that you can get involved in. Hopefully this class will help you learn how to meet the needs of the consumer while keep the goal of helping the environment at the forefront.

    ReplyDelete